WARNING. These contain nuts, eggs, sugar, chocolate and will lead to drinking milk or coffee at odd times of the day!!
4X Chocolate / Peanut Butter Chip / Pecan Cookies:
Recipe adapted from the Joy of Baking’s Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies!
|My Batter. Yummy!!|
4 ounces chocolate, chopped, for melting purposes (I used Theo Chocolate’s Dark Nib and Vanilla Chocolates!)
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour **
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt**
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup raw or "white" sugar**
2 large eggs
1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup White Chocolate chips
1/2 cup Peanut Butter Chips
1 cup oven roasted pecans, chopped ( I put the pecans in a glass dish and in the oven during the preheat stage and roasted for about 15 minutes, leaving them to cool for a few before chopping them up and adding them to the cookies!)
** I do not have white granulated sugar or regular iodized table salt in my home. Thus I use Sea Salt and Raw Sugar (organic too!). I also use Whole Wheat Flour. Every little thing counts, right??
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt the 4 ounces of chocolate in a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a large Bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy (using electric or hand mixer).
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat until well mixed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour in stages, mixing until incorporated.
- Fold in the chips and nuts.
- *At this point, my dough was too runny, so I dusted the cookie batter with a few tablespoons of flour.
- Scoop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet (you can use parchment paper lined sheets for easier cleanup!
- Gently flatten the dough into 2” rounds.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the center is just about set in the center. Cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
Yieldabout 20 cookies
|Cookies before pressing into rounds.|
|Cookies Cooling, awaiting a glass of milk!|