Now for those who are interested in their cat being interactive in the kitchen with them, remember these rules:
1. No Kitties on the counter!
2. Give the Kitty a perch to sit on, so they can see what you're doing.
3. Place the tidbit on the stool or dish on the stool. No taking food from the hands (prevents biting).
4. Never give kitty scraps that you won't eat. Remember, delicate stomachs!
5. Only tidbits. These treats are supposed to be interactive. Great if you're feeling unappreciated or lonely. Talking to yourself also helps, but perhaps they'll start talking back too!
6. Encourage play after treat time! Those fat cats need to work off the 20 calories you've given them.
7. Tell them when there's no more. Just say, "Okay, that's all for now", and make sure you put the food away, else you're just teasing them.
8. Plenty of water, always fresh clean water.
9. No petting the cat when you're cooking. Who wants cat hair in their food?
10. Clean up after kitty. If they don't like it, they may spit it out, so wipe up the area during your normal cleaning.
|Missy in her Crinkle Shoot Toy!|
Hopefully you and your cat will enjoy this fun activity, just don't let others see you talking to your cat while you're cooking. It may be great for your ego to do so, just not in front of company. She should be entertaining the guests!!